Annual Calendar and Deadlines
Use this AP coordinator calendar to plan your school’s AP Exam administration and keep track of deadlines. Download the AP Coordinator's Manual, Part 1, for additional information.
- Teachers access AP Classroom. On July 1, AP teachers can begin using AP Classroom for 2022-23.
- Receive access code email. On August 1, principals and AP coordinators receive an email with the access code coordinators need to access AP Registration and Ordering for this school year.
- Access AP Registration and Ordering. Use the access code to log in to AP Registration and Ordering—see how. Complete initial setup, complete the AP Participation Form, and create class sections.
- Students join class sections. Students use the join code they get for each section from their AP teachers or the AP coordinator.
- Review the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 1.
- Share exam dates. Print or make copies of the exam schedule and distribute it to teachers and administrators.
- Complete the AP Participation Survey. In September, AP coordinators will be emailed a link to the AP Participation Survey, to be completed on behalf of their schools.
Early in your school year, it’s recommended you do the following:
- Share AP Exam information with students and parents. Make sure information about exam ordering deadlines and fees is explained clearly at AP information sessions, parent nights, counselor sessions, or other informational events and in any materials your school may provide about your AP program.
- Make a plan for fee collection. If your school collects exam fees from students, plan how and when the fees will be collected this year. (The deadline for exam payments to College Board is June 15.) Read more about collecting fees.
- Determine when information will be available to identify students who are eligible for fee reductions. You'll need to indicate eligible students for College Board AP Exam fee reductions in AP Registration and Ordering by April 30, 2023.
- Meet with the SSD coordinator. Discuss the eligibility process and AP students who have approved or expected accommodations for AP Exams. You’ll need this information to order special exam formats for approved students. Learn more about accommodations.
- Confirm your school’s policy about administering exams for homeschooled students or students from other schools. Review details about ordering exams for students from other schools.
- Connect online. Join the AP Coordinator Community.
- October 4: Preferred ordering deadline. See how to submit your order.
- Course Audit Deadlines: October 1 is the preferred course audit submission and renewal deadline for AP Capstone and AP Computer Science Principles course materials to access the digital portfolio. October 15 is the preferred deadline for administrators to renew previously authorized courses for the 2022-23 school year.
- Check the school schedule for conflicts with the AP Exam administration. Identify which students have known conflicts (academic and/or athletic) and may need alternate exams for late testing.
- November 15, 11:59 p.m. ET: Final ordering deadline for all full-year and first-semester AP courses and all exam only sections. Exams orders submitted after this date will incur an additional $40 per exam late order fee, with some exceptions. For details, go to Ordering Exam Materials.
- November 15, 11:59 p.m. ET: Digital AP Exams deadline. Recommended date to indicate digital exams in available subjects in AP Registration and Ordering.
- AP Art and Design digital submission opens. Students can begin uploading images of their artwork. Learn more about AP Art and Design.
- The AP Course Ledger of authorized 2022-23 AP courses is available.
- 2022 AP Exam large-volume rebate checks are mailed. Rebates are mailed to AP coordinators who administered at least 150 exams and who indicated their intended use of the rebate in AP Registration and Ordering.
- AP Potential™ is available for the latest PSAT/NMSQT administration.
- See if you’ll need off-site testing. Ensure compliance with exam administration and security procedures and begin securing facilities. Learn more about off-site testing.
- Check in with the SSD coordinator. Review accommodations approvals that have changed or still need to be submitted. Learn more about accommodations.
- January 18: Deadline to submit accommodations requests and supporting documentation (if needed) through SSD Online. Learn more about accommodations.
- January 31: AP Course Audit deadline. Final deadline for initial AP Course Audit submissions, all renewals, removal of teachers and courses, addition of online/distance learning courses, and AP Course Audit form approvals for 2022-23 courses. Learn more about the AP Course Audit.
- Reserve testing rooms with the best possible conditions for student performance and to ensure compliance with exam administration and security procedures.
- Schedule a proctor training session for late April. Learn more about preparing proctors.
- Organize changes to your exam order so you're prepared before the March 15 spring course orders and fall order changes deadline.
- Prepare special equipment or procedures. Review and reserve the equipment required for exams that need special preparation or are administered with accommodations.
- Check in with the SSD coordinator to review any accommodations requests that have been changed or that haven’t been approved. Learn more about accommodations.
- March 15, 11:59 p.m. ET: Spring course orders and fall order changes deadline. Make any changes to existing exam orders or submit new exam orders by this deadline, including for courses that started after November 15.
- Check exam registrations. Before March 15, review any students listed as No or Undecided in AP Registration and Ordering and check with them to confirm their exam plans.
- Determine exam administration time. Use the Estimated Timing Table in the 2022-23 AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 2 to determine the total time needed for each exam administration.
- Appoint the required number of proctors. Learn more about choosing proctors.
- Distribute permission slips for students traveling to off-site testing locations.
- AP Course Audit website begins accepting submissions for new courses offered for the 2023-24 school year. Learn more about AP Course Audit.
April 30, 11:59 p.m. ET: Deadline to indicate students’ fee reduction status in AP Registration and Ordering.
- April 30, 11:59 p.m. ET: Deadline to order students’ free-response booklets or score labels for the 2023 AP Exam administration (optional). See the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 2 for more information.
Receive exam materials and AP ID label sheets. The AP ID label sheets will be sent in a separate shipment from your exam materials. Check all shipments for accuracy. Contact AP Services for Educators if there are any problems.
Hold a proctor training session. See the proctor training script in the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 2.
Explain prohibited devices policy. Send a strong message to students that cell phones and other prohibited electronic devices aren’t allowed in the testing room.
Remind AP Art and Design teachers that May 5, 8 p.m. ET is the deadline for students to submit their digital portfolios to the AP Program.
Arrange for the setup of desks, tables, and chairs, if needed. Learn more about seating policy.
Review the details of the exam schedule, proctors, rooms, and required equipment.
Meet with SSD coordinator to review the details of exams administered with accommodations. Learn more about accommodations.
Regularly Scheduled AP Exam Dates: May 1–5, May 8–12. See Exam Dates for the complete schedule.
Late-Testing Exam Dates: May 17–19.
- Check testing sites. Make sure the testing sites and testing rooms meet exam security requirements.
- Administer the exams following the procedures in the 2022-23 AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 2 and the 2022-23 AP Exam Instructions book.
- May 1, 11:59 p.m. ET: Deadline for AP CSP Create Performance Task submission. Learn more about digital submission for AP Computer Science Principles.
- May 1, 11:59 p.m. ET: Deadline for AP Capstone Performance Task submission. Learn more about digital submission for AP Capstone Diploma Program courses.
- May 5, 8 p.m. ET: Deadline for AP Art and Design digital portfolios to be submitted to the AP Program. May 5 is also the last day to gather 2-D Art and Design and Drawing students to assemble physical portfolios. Learn more about AP Art and Design.
- Schedule and arrange for any last-minute alternate exams for late testing.
- Return exam materials. Deadlines for returning AP Exam materials differ according to how many exams were ordered. Learn more about returning exam materials.
- Access your invoice through AP Registration and Ordering. Learn more about the invoice process.
June 1: Deadline for AP Services to receive all exam materials.
June 15: Postmark deadline for exam payment and invoices to the AP Program. Late payments incur a $225 fee. Learn more about the invoice process.
June 15: AP Exam large-volume rebate deadline: Deadline to indicate in AP Registration and Ordering the intended use for the large-volume rebate if your school administered 150 or more exams this year. Learn more about the rebate.
6/20: Deadline for students to indicate or change the recipient of their free score report through My AP.
Enter 2024 AP Exam dates on 2023-24 school calendars.
Score release. AP score reports are available to designated colleges, students, high schools, and districts.
AP Coordinator Resource Library
Find the AP Coordinator's Manual and other resources to support the AP Exam administration.
AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 1, 2022-23
This manual provides detailed information about everything AP coordinators need to do from the start of the school year through the November 15 exam ordering deadline.
- 18.83 MB