AP Exam orders must be submitted in AP Registration and Ordering by these deadlines:
- October 4, 2023: Preferred ordering deadline
- November 15, 2023, 11:59 p.m. ET: Final ordering deadline
- March 15, 2024, 11:59 p.m. ET: Spring course orders and fall order changes deadline
The following table outlines the tasks that need to be completed by the November 15 ordering deadline and which tasks can be completed at a later point.
Must Be Completed by Nov. 15 Ordering Deadline
Can Be Completed After Nov. 15
Here are the steps the AP coordinator should take before and after submitting the exam order.
1 Keep updating your order as needed.
As you organize your exam order for submission, and even after you submit the order, it’s important to manage changes in student enrollment and make necessary updates to your student roster in AP Registration and Ordering.
- Students who need to enroll in a class section or exam only section after initial enrollment has been completed or your initial exam order has been submitted (not transfer students)
- Students who transfer to your school
- Students who transfer out of your school
- Students who move from one class section of a course to another class section for the same course
- Students who drop a course and who may or may not still be taking the exam
See more information about special ordering circumstances.
After you submit your initial exam order, you’ll need to submit changes to your order any time you make an adjustment or update to avoid unintended fees.
2 Verify information in the exam roster.
On the Orders page in AP Registration and Ordering, review the information in All Exams, which displays a summary of all the exams that will be included in your exam order based on information in the Students section.
Review the following information and make any necessary changes:
- Not Taking Exam: Verify that students whose Order Exam? status is set as No don’t intend to take the AP Exam. If any students have a status of Undecided, check with them to resolve their exam registration (either to No or Yes) before you submit your exam order.
- Exam Date: Review the exam date listed for each course. Make any changes necessary. If you know you need both standard and late exams for a particular course but only standard is listed, you’ll need to review the exam date listed for students and switch the appropriate students to late testing.
- Reduced Fee: Account for known fee reductions. You’ll be able to update students’ fee reduction status after submitting your exam order. The deadline to indicate students’ fee reduction statuses in AP Registration and Ordering is April 30, 2024 (11:59 p.m. ET).
- SSD Materials: Account for special exam materials for students with approved or expected accommodations.
3 Change student exam decisions as needed.
If you need to change a student’s exam registration, go to the Students page, and select the appropriate choice next to the student’s name in the Order Exam? column.
To cancel a student’s exam, change their Order Exam? status to No. If you're switching a student to No after you've submitted your initial exam order, you'll have the option to indicate a reason why the student is no longer taking the exam.
Note: Even if a student isn’t taking the exam for an AP class section they’re enrolled in, they still have access to AP Classroom resources assigned by their teacher for that class section.
4 Submit the order.
After you’ve made any necessary adjustments to the order, review the exam information shown on your Orders page in AP Registration and Ordering. To submit your exam order, click the Submit button and confirm you want to submit the order.
5 Submit changes to your initial exam order as needed.
The first time you submit your exam order is considered your initial order. If you need to make updates after submitting your initial exam order, you need to submit these changes through AP Registration and Ordering. Changes could include new student enrollments, students transferring to or out of your school, alternate exams for late testing, or special exam materials for students with accommodations. If you have unsubmitted changes, you’ll see the message View unsubmitted changes on the Orders page in AP Registration and Ordering.
You can submit changes to your order as many times as necessary until the November 15 final ordering deadline without incurring any late order or unused/canceled exam fees. Fees may apply to changes made after the November ordering deadline.
For more information about finalizing your exam order in AP Registration and Ordering, please see the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 1.