- AP Art and Design Portfolio Exams are submitted through the AP Digital Portfolio.
NEW: The AP Digital Portfolio became available in late September for AP Art and Design.
A student’s AP Art and Design Portfolio Exam will only be sent to the AP Program for scoring if the AP coordinator has submitted an exam order through AP Registration and Ordering and the student has submitted all portfolio components as final.
- All work is submitted digitally. Students don't mail physical work to the AP Program.
- Students are required to individually submit their 3 portfolio components as final in the AP Digital Portfolio: Sustained Investigation Images, Sustained Investigation Written Evidence, and Selected Works.
- Students are responsible for submitting their portfolio components to the AP Program by the May 10, 2024, 8 p.m. ET deadline.Teachers and AP coordinators do not forward portfolios to the AP Program.
- Teachers should set an earlier submission deadline--prior to the final AP Program deadline--for students to submit their portfolio components as final so they can review the work for plagiarism and ensure all 3 portfolio components are submitted as final by the May 10 AP Program deadline.
The portfolio requirements are the same as in previous years: Students are required to submit 15 images in the Sustained Investigation section, complete written evidence in the Sustained Investigation section, and submit images of 5 works in the Selected Works section. For information about portfolio requirements, see the AP Art and Design Program page on AP Students.
The AP Art and Design Digital Submission Guide for Students provides details and instructions to support students with their digital submission; teachers should encourage students to review it. It’s also a good idea for teachers to review the student guide so they can support their students.