Colleges can choose to participate in Internet Delivery of Scores in addition to or in lieu of paper delivery by completing the College and University AP Score Reporting Services Order Form, sent to each college in April.
- Schools may elect to participate in electronic score reporting at any time in the year. However, in order to receive scores electronically in time for initial July 2021 reporting, colleges must contact AP Services no later than May 15, 2021. Requests received after May 15 will be accommodated with follow-up score reporting.
- Colleges that don't receive this form or that wish to make a modification to their current delivery model should contact AP Code Control at 609-771-7091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet Delivery: Format and Requirements
Internet Delivery of Scores is available free of charge in a non-delimited flat-file format (ASCII). Institutions will need to acquire or purchase the required software, either PGP Desktop Professional 2.6.2 and higher, or GnuPG 2.0 and higher. If you currently have GnuPG or PGP Desktop Professional, make sure it’s one of these supported versions that can create the 2048-bit RSA key required to receive AP score data electronically:
- Internet delivery of scores uses an anonymous server.
- After scores are processed, the electronic score report is placed on the server, triggering an email informing schools that data are available for download.
- The email contains an internet address that can then be accessed to collect, save, and process the data.
- Exam scores for the 2021 May Administration 1 and Administration 2 will start being reported on July 16, 2021 to higher education institutions receiving scores electronically.
- Exam scores for the 2021 June Administration 3 will start being reported in August.
- Review the resources below with your IT/operations staff and/or student information system vendor to ensure you are ready to receive and interpret the electronic files.
Note: Starting with the 2020 AP Exam administration, the following courses were renamed. The exam codes for these subjects were not changed, only the names.
- AP Drawing was previously known as AP Studio Art: Drawing.
- AP 2-D Art and Design was previously known as AP Studio Art: 2-D Design.
- AP 3-D Art and Design was previously known as AP Studio Art: 3-D Design.
- AP World History: Modern was previously known as AP World History.
For more about Internet Delivery of Scores, contact: AP Code Control at 609-771-7091 or email email@example.com.