Professional Learning by College Board–Endorsed Providers
College Board endorses education organizations that offer AP Computer Science Principles curricula. These providers also offer professional learning to teachers who will use their curriculum.
Implementing AP Computer Science Principles with an out-of-the-box curriculum and getting teacher training from the provider who supplies the curriculum may be a good solution for your school.
College Board Professional Learning
College Board offers both face-to-face and online professional learning for new and experienced AP teachers as well as AP coordinators. Led by experienced instructors, AP professional learning provides educators with the support and training needed to successfully teach an AP course.
Teacher Webinars and Other Online Sessions
Developed by experts in AP instructional design, these free webinars and online sessions will guide you through the instructional resources and how to use AP Classroom effectively.
Webinars and online sessions are 20–90 minutes long and illustrate how the instructional suite can support your teaching this school year.
AP Summer Institutes
AP Summer Institutes are offered online and in-person, with 30+ hours of content-rich training on the course and exam, leveraging AP resources, and strengthening teaching and learning.
Scholarships are available for qualifying teachers.
AP Online Workshops
Online workshops are offered as a combination of live and on-demand sessions led by expert AP teachers. Targeted exercises will explore the course and exam, enable effective lesson planning using AP resources, and model using data-driven feedback year-round.
Sign in to the AP Computer Science Principles Community
- Share real-time strategies, ask questions, and collaborate with teachers worldwide.
- Search, add, and rate teacher resources with your peers in the resource library.
- Daily or weekly digests help you keep up with your community, wherever you are. Select all discussions or just the topics and discussion threads you choose to follow. You can also reply to discussion posts through email.
During the School Year
AP Mentoring is an online professional learning experience where you can collaborate with peers and expert mentors, share ideas, and get real-time and personalized support to respond to the changing needs of the classroom.
Teaching and Assessing
Teaching and Assessing AP Computer Science Principles gives you online access to videos of master educators modeling key instructional strategies and resources to help implement these strategies in your classroom.
To access the training:
- Sign in at myap.collegeboard.org.
- Click the Go to AP Classroom link for AP Computer Science Principles.
- Click on the Overview page under Course Resources, then select the More tab.
- Click the Professional Learning link. The Teaching and Assessing course will open in a new browser tab.