If you’re the AP coordinator for a school that administers AP Exams but doesn’t offer AP courses, you’ll need to complete these steps:
- Complete the initial setup in AP Registration and Ordering and select the option indicating that your school plans to administer AP Exams.
- Complete the AP Participation Form.
- Create an exam only section for each subject for which you’ll be administering exams.
- Provide students with the appropriate join code for the exam only class section.
- Be sure that students enroll in the exam only section for the AP Exam they’ll be taking at your school.
- Organize your exam roster and submit your exam order by November 13, 2020 (11:59 p.m. ET).
- Submit orders by March 12 for courses that began after November 13, and ensure that exams for every student who plans to test this year are included in your exam order.
- If you need to reassign any students with an existing exam order to a later testing date, you may do so after March 12. See deadlines.
Please see the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 1 for more information.
AP Coordinator's Manual, Part 1 2020-21
This manual provides detailed information about everything AP coordinators need to do from the start of the school year through the November 13 exam ordering deadline.
AP Coordinator's Manual, Part 2 2020-21
(Updated March 2021) This manual provides detailed information about this year’s paper and pencil AP Exams, including exam administration policies and procedures and post-exam tasks.