AP Statistics Exam
The AP Statistics Exam has consistent question types, weighting, and scoring guidelines every year, so you and your students know what to expect on exam day.
Section I: Multiple Choice
40 Questions | 1 Hour 30 Minutes | 50% of Exam Score
Individual questions or sets of questions based on a shared prompt
Section II: Free Response
6 Questions | 1 Hour 30 Minutes | 50% of Exam Score
- 1 multipart question with a primary focus on collecting data
- 1 multipart question with a primary focus on exploring data
- 1 multipart question with a primary focus on probability and sampling distributions
- 1 question with a primary focus on inference
- 1 question that combines 2 or more skill categories
- 1 investigative task that assesses multiple skill categories and content areas, focusing on the application of skills and content in new contexts or in non-routine ways
AP Calculator Policy
A four-function, scientific, or graphing calculator with statistical computation capability is expected on both sections of the exam.