The first part of the speaking section will include a task that measures speaking skills in an informal setting. There will be a conversation role-play situation (an example of the interpersonal mode). Students will be asked to interact with a recorded conversation. There will be five or six opportunities for the students to answer. Each response will be 20 seconds in length. Students will have time to read an outline of the simulated conversation and the instructions before participating in the simulated conversation.
What's Different?/Changes to Speaking
(See Task I materials below)
- There will be increased contextualization and guidance for the simulated conversation.
- The student will initiate some parts of conversation.
The AP Spanish Language student can:
- Initiate, maintain, and close a conversation on a familiar topic.
- Formulate questions to seek clarification or additional information.
- Recognize cultural elements implicit in oral texts.
- Interpret linguistic cues to infer social relationships.
- Use language that is semantically and grammatically accurate according to a given context.
Field Test Materials: Task I
- Directions (.pdf/104KB)
Speaking Audio Prompt (MP3)
- Transcription of Audio Prompts (.pdf/30KB)
Sample Response A (MP3)
Sample Response B (MP3)
Sample Response C (MP3)
Sample Response D (MP3)
Sample Response E (MP3)
Sample Response F (MP3)
- Scoring Commentary (.pdf/43KB)