Required AP Seminar New Teacher Curriculum Training (One-Time)
The summer before their first year teaching AP Seminar, instructors must complete a five-day workshop for the course. Instructors are required to attend a five-day workshop offered by select AP Summer Institutes one time prior to teaching each course—this is not an annual requirement.
Required AP Seminar Online Scoring Training (Annual)
Each year, all AP Seminar teachers must take and pass the Team Multimedia Presentation (TMP) and Individual Multimedia Presentation (IMP) certification tests in order to submit scores for those performance task components. In addition, a separate activity within the TMP Certification Test module addressing student plagiarism is required. Training is available to teachers annually, in December.
To access the training:
- Sign in at https://myap.collegeboard.org/login.
- Click the Go to AP Classroom link for AP Seminar.
- Click on the Overview page in the Course Guide, then select the More tab.
- Click the Professional Learning link. The scoring training course will open in a new browser tab.
- On the Instructional Modules tab, click the blue drop-down arrow to see all the activities in the desired module.
- Once you've completed the activities in the TMP or IMP instructional module, go to the corresponding Certification Test tab to take the test for that component.
- Share real-time strategies, ask questions, and collaborate with teachers worldwide.
- Search, add, and rate teacher resources with your peers in the resource library.
- Daily or weekly digests help you keep up with your community, wherever you are. Select all discussions or just the topics and discussion threads you choose to follow. You can also reply to discussion posts through email.