Required AP Research New Teacher Curriculum Training (One-Time)
Professional learning is required for all AP Seminar and AP Research instructors. Teachers must complete curricular training prior to the first year of teaching each course. In addition, teachers must complete online assessment scoring training each year.
The summer before their first year teaching AP Research, instructors must complete a five-day workshop for the course. Instructors are required to attend a five-day workshop offered by select AP Summer Institutes one time prior to teaching each course—this is not an annual requirement.
Required AP Research Online Scoring Training (Annual)
Each year, all AP Research teachers must take and pass the Presentation and Oral Defense (POD) certification test in order to submit scores for that performance task component. In addition, a separate activity within the POD instructional module addressing student plagiarism is required. Training is available to teachers annually, in December.
Teachers must enter student presentation scores and students must submit their work as final in the AP Digital Portfolio by the College Board deadline on May 1, 2023, 11:59 p.m. EDT.
To access the training:
- Sign in at https://myap.collegeboard.org/login.
- Click the Go to AP Classroom link for AP Research.
- Click on the Overview page under Course Resources, then select the More tab.
- Click the Professional Learning link. The scoring training course will open in a new browser tab.
- On the Instructional Modules tab, click the blue drop-down arrow to see all the activities in the desired module.
- Once you've completed the activities in the POD instructional module, go to the corresponding Certification Test tab to take the test for that component.
- Share real-time strategies, ask questions, and collaborate with teachers worldwide.
- Search, add, and rate teacher resources with your peers in the resource library.
- Daily or weekly digests help you keep up with your community, wherever you are. Select all discussions or just the topics and discussion threads you choose to follow. You can also reply to discussion posts through email.