AP Physics 2: Algebra-Based Exam
The AP Physics 2: Algebra-Based Exam has consistent question types, weighting, and scoring guidelines every year, so you and your students know what to expect on exam day.
Section I: Multiple Choice
50 Questions | 1 Hour 30 Minutes | 50% of Exam Score
Questions are either discrete questions or question sets, in which students are provided with a stimulus or a set of data and a series of related questions.
- The section includes 5 individual multi-select questions (2 options are correct).
Section II: Free Response
4 Questions | 1 Hour 30 Minutes | 50% of Exam Score
This section contains 4 free-response questions of the following types:
- Experimental Design (1 question)
- Quantitative/Qualitative Translation (1 question)
- Short Answer: Paragraph Argument (1 question)
- Short Answer (1 question)
AP Calculator Policy
A four-function, scientific, or graphing calculator is allowed on both sections of the exam.