AP Daily and AP Classroom
Short, searchable AP Daily videos can be assigned alongside topic questions to help you cover all course content, skills, and task models, and check student understanding. Unlock progress checks so students can demonstrate their knowledge and skills unit by unit and use My Reports to highlight progress and additional areas for support.
- MON, MAY 2, 2022, 12 PM LOCAL
AP Chemistry Exam
The AP Chemistry Exam has consistent question types, weighting, and scoring guidelines every year, so you and your students know what to expect on exam day.
Section I: Multiple Choice
60 Questions | 1 Hour 30 minutes | 50% of Exam Score
- Questions are either discrete questions or question sets, in which students are provided with a stimulus or a set of data and a series of related questions.
- A calculator is not permitted on Section I.
Section II: Free Response
7 Questions | 1 Hour 45 Minutes | 50% of Exam Score
- There are 3 long-answer and 4 short-answer questions. Long-answer questions are worth 10 points each; short-answer questions are worth 4 points each.
- The questions assess all 6 of the course skills: models and representations, question and method, representing data and phenomena, model analysis, mathematical routines, and argumentation.
A scientific or graphing calculator is recommended for use on Section II.