2024 AP Exam Schedule
- AP Exams will be administered in schools as paper-and-pencil* exams during the first two weeks of May: May 6–10 and May 13–17.
- A late-testing window is available May 17–19 if students cannot test during the first two weeks of May.
*As usual, AP Chinese and AP Japanese Exams are administered in school on computers.
2024 In-School Digital AP Exams
For the 2024 AP Exam administration, schools in the 48 contiguous states and Washington, D.C. can choose to give either paper or in-school digital exams (or a combination of paper and in-school digital). Review digital exam details.
We plan to work with schools in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, as well as schools outside the United States, to gauge interest in a potential pilot of 2024 digital AP Exams. Those schools will receive further information later this fall.
If your school chooses to administer in-school, proctored digital exams in one or more subjects, you should indicate this in AP Registration and Ordering by November 15, 2023. If you’ve indicated digital exams by this date, you’ll be included in readiness activities that begin in early 2024. You can switch students to paper exams after this date, if needed.
AP Exam Fees
The base exam fee is increasing by $1 for the 2024 AP Exams. The base exam fees are:
- $98 per exam at schools in the U.S., U.S. territories, Canada, and all DoDEA schools
- $128 per exam at schools outside the U.S., U.S. territories, and Canada, with the exception of DoDEA schools (Fees may vary for exams at College Board–authorized test centers outside the U.S.)
- $146 per exam for AP Capstone™ (AP Seminar or AP Research)
The College Board fee reduction amount is increasing to $36 per exam for eligible students. See details about AP Exam fee reductions.
The late-order and late-testing fees aren’t changing. Those amounts remain $40 per exam (in addition to the base exam fee).
The unused/canceled exam fee is $40 per exam.
AP Program's Artificial Intelligence Policy
Review the AP Program's Artificial Intelligence policy.
Final Deadline: Submit AP Exam Orders
This is the final deadline to submit paper or digital exam orders for full-year and first-semester AP courses, and exam-only sections. Exam orders submitted after this date will incur an additional $40 per exam late-order fee, with some exceptions.Deadline