2022 AP Exam Schedule
- AP Exams will be administered in schools as paper-and-pencil* exams during the first two weeks of May: May 2–6 and May 9–13.
- A late-testing window is available May 17–20 if students cannot test during the first two weeks of May.
*As usual, AP Chinese and AP Japanese Exams are administered on computers.
AP Ordering Deadlines for 2022 AP Exams
MON, OCT 4
Preferred Ordering Deadline
We recommend you ensure that student enrollments are completed by this date in AP Registration and Ordering.
MON, NOV 15,
Final Ordering Deadline
This is the deadline for the AP coordinator to submit the exam order for all full-year and first-semester AP courses, and all exam only sections in AP Registration and Ordering.
TUES, MAR 15,
Spring Course Orders and Fall Order Changes Deadline
This is the deadline for the AP coordinator to submit the exam order for all AP courses that begin after the November final ordering deadline, and to submit changes to fall orders.
Publications and Resources Available
2021-22 AP Exam Fees
The base exam fee is increasing by $1 for the 2022 AP Exams. The base exam fees are:
- $96 per exam at schools in the U.S., U.S. territories, Canada, and all DoDEA schools
- $126 per exam at schools outside the U.S., U.S. territories, and Canada, with the exception of DoDEA schools (Fees may vary for exams at College Board–authorized test centers outside the U.S.)
- $144 per exam for AP AP Seminar or AP Research
The College Board fee reduction amount is increasing to $34 per exam for eligible students. See details about AP Exam fee reductions.
The late-order and late-testing fees aren’t changing. Those amounts remain $40 per exam (in addition to the base exam fee).
The unused/canceled exam fee is $40 per exam.
AP Participation Survey
In September, AP coordinators will be emailed a personalized link to the Participation Survey, which they must complete on behalf of their school. The feedback provided from AP coordinators through the survey helps the AP Program make important program decisions, informs the development of new AP-related initiatives, and identifies important state and regional trends that affect our policies related to exam funding and professional development offerings.
AP Art and Design
Physical portfolios will resume in 2022. For AP 2-D Art and Design and AP Drawing, students will prepare physical portfolios and also submit images of their work through the AP Art and Design digital submission web application. For AP 3-D Art and Design, students continue to submit all work through the digital submission web application. Learn more.