Parents and students cannot order AP Exams directly. The AP Program encourages AP coordinators to assist homeschooled students, independent study students, and students whose schools don’t offer AP Exams.
If your school agrees to order and administer exams to these students:
- Inform the students of your school’s ordering deadline.
- Create an exam only section for each exam subject being taken at your school by a homeschooled student, independent study student, or student from another school. See How do I create an exam only section?
- Provide the join code for the exam only section to the student, so the student can enroll in the section in My AP. Only the AP coordinator can create and provide the join code for an exam only section. See How do I find the join code for a class section or exam only section?
- Review the student’s information in your exam roster and order the necessary exams.
- Inform students when and where to take exams.
- Plan to collect and submit their exam fees with those from your school
Include homeschooled students, independent study students, or students from other schools in your order by November 15.
If a homeschooled student or a student whose school doesn’t administer AP Exam(s) contacts you after the November ordering deadline, you can add them to your exam order. If the reason you’re adding the student to your order after November 15 is because they couldn’t find a school before the fall ordering deadline to order and administer their 2024 AP Exam(s), you can contact AP Services for Educators no later than March 15 to request the late order fee be waived. This applies only for homeschooled students and students whose school doesn’t administer the AP Exam(s) they’re planning to take. These students must be included in your exam order by March 15.