How do I move a student to a different class section for a course?

A student can be moved from one class section to another for the same course within their same school either of these ways:

  • The AP coordinator can select Change Section from the Actions column next to the student’s name and class section in AP Registration and Ordering.


  • The student can enroll in the new class section through My AP using the join code for the new section. By doing this, the student will be moved from the old section to the new section.

By moving a student, as opposed to dropping them, the student’s exam decision doesn’t change, and no additional costs are incurred regardless of when you move the student.

Only use the Change Section action when a student needs to move to a different section of the same course; this includes when a student won’t be taking a class but will still be taking the exam, in which case you need to move the student to an exam only section for the subject. If a student is changing from a section in one course to a section in a different course, the AP coordinator needs to drop the student from the section in the first course and give them the join code for the section in the new course so they can enroll.

This is the Change Section option in AP Registration and Ordering: