(This timeline is for full-year and first-semester courses. For second-semester courses, you'll complete most of these steps at the start of the semester.)
- Before class starts, sign in to myap.collegeboard.org and access the join code for your class sections. See Helping Students Join Your AP Class Section for details.
- On the first day of class, give your AP Art and Design students the join code for your class sections so they can enroll in your class through My AP.
- Go over the portfolio requirements with your students and help them become familiar with the scoring rubrics for the 2-D Art and Design, 3-D Art and Design, and Drawing Portfolio Exams.
- Inform students that digital submission opens in November, but encourage them to begin working on their portfolios before then.
- Work with your students to capture digital images of their artworks that adhere to the image recommendations and requirements.
- Digital submission for AP Art and Design opens in November. We'll email teachers and students when it's available.
- Information about the digital submission process will also be available in November, along with digital submission guides for teachers and students.
- Ensure students continue to work on their portfolios and upload images throughout the winter and spring. (Images can always be deleted or rearranged later.)
- The submission deadline for digital portfolios is May 5, 2023 (8 p.m. ET).
- More information about the digital submission process will be provided in the fall of 2022.