AP Calculus BC Exam Date
The AP Calculus BC Exam has consistent question types, weighting, and scoring guidelines every year, so you and your students know what to expect on exam day.
Section I: Multiple Choice
45 Questions | 1 Hour 45 minutes | 50% of Exam Score
- Part A: 30 questions; 60 minutes (calculator not permitted).
- Part B: 15 questions; 45 minutes (graphing calculator required).
- Questions include algebraic, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric, and general types of functions.
- Questions include analytical, graphical, tabular, and verbal types of representations.
Section II: Free Response
6 Questions | 1 Hour 30 Minutes | 50% of Exam Score
- Part A: 2 questions; 30 minutes (graphing calculator required).
- Part B: 4 questions; 60 minutes (calculator not permitted).
- Questions include various types of functions and function representations and a roughly equal mix of procedural and conceptual tasks.
- Questions include at least two questions that incorporate a real-world context or scenario into the question.
AP Calculator Policy
In Section I Part A and Section II Part B, calculators are not allowed on the exam.
Exam Questions and Scoring Information
2022: Free-Response Questions
Samples and Commentary