If a student has a documented disability, they may be eligible for accommodations on the AP Exams such as:
- Extended time
- Large-type exams
- Large-block answer sheets
- Permission to use a braille device, computer or magnifying device
- A reader to dictate questions
- A writer to record responses
- A written copy of oral instructions; as well as other accommodations
Students work with the school’s SSD coordinator to apply for accommodations before the AP Exam administration. The SSD coordinator requests and manages the accommodations online.
- Information about requesting accommodations online is available through College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD).
- AP-specific information is available under the Administering Exams section of the website.
Reminder: Accommodations Request Lead Time
Please note that it takes approximately seven weeks from the receipt of all necessary documentation for the College Board to determine a student’s eligibility for accommodations.
- Check back later this summer for the 2018 accommodations request deadline.