Use these quick tips to get the best functionality when using Online Score Reports for Educators.
- Navigating Reports: Avoid using the Back button on your browser to navigate the system. Instead, use the navigation bar to go back to your home page or the Page Up/Page Down links at the bottom of the reports.
- Printing Reports: Use the Print/Download link at the top of the report to save as a PDF before printing it.
- Exporting Reports in Internet Explorer: When selecting to view and save reports in PDF or Excel format you may need to press the CTRL key before clicking the Print/Download link. Do not release the key until after the file has finished downloading.
To access Online Reports for Educators, you’ll need a computer with an internet connection and one of the following operating systems:
- Windows® 2000, 2003, XP Home, or Professional
- Windows Vista Home, Business, Premium, or Ultimate
- Mac® OS 10.4 or higher
- LINUX or UNIX
To take advantage of the full range of features the website has to offer, you should use one of the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome (latest version as this browser updates automatically)
- Firefox (latest version as this browser updates automatically)
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (Windows computers only) Note: Make sure to turn on compatibility view in Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for optimal report customization and viewing.
- Safari 5.0 or higher (Macintosh computers only)
Set your browser to the following for optimal report viewing:
- Cookies enabled
- Pop-up blockers disabled
- File downloads enabled
- Compatibility view enabled if using Internet Explorer 10 or 11.
- Internet Explorer 10: Open your browser and click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner of the toolbar that looks like a torn piece of paper, next to the refresh icon. After clicking, this icon will turn blue and you are now in compatibility mode in the browser.
- Internet Explorer 11: Open your browser, select the Tools button (gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the toolbar), and then select Compatibility View settings from the drop-down. A “Compatibility View Settings” box will appear. Under Add this website, enter “collegeboard.org” and then select Add. Select Close and restart your browser. Important: If cookies are cleared, this setting will need to be re-enabled again.
To learn how to view or change your browser preferences, refer to your browser’s help text.
Viewing and Customizing Reports
Viewing reports in your browser offers the highest level of interactivity.
- View Report: Displays your report in your web browser, known as the HTML view. HTML view allows you to customize your report by applying data filters and to save your report to PDF or Excel formats.
- Search: Administrators can search the student score report by AP® number or student name.
- Navigate to Other Reports: Administrators can, for instance, click a student name on the school score roster to bring up the student score report.
Some reports are customizable.
- Customize Report: Provides filtering options, such as showing only students who scored 3 or higher on a report.
- This can be useful in district-level reports with large sets of data.
Many reports are available for multiple exam years, starting with 2010.
- If your school had authorized AP courses in previous years, you can view those reports by selecting the exam administration year from the drop-down menu at the top right of your home page. By default, your home page will display the most recent year’s reports.
- To find out which years each report is available for, see the table on Report Descriptions.
Exporting and Printing Reports
Click the icon above Print/Download Options at the top right of the report, and select one of these options:
- View in PDF Format: Opens the report within the Adobe Acrobat Reader frame. This is the best view for printing the report, saving the report for later use, and distributing the reports to authorized staff members offline.
- View in Excel Options: This allows you to open and save the report in Excel format. Note that exporting to Excel is only supported on Microsoft-based platforms. However, once the .xls file has been downloaded, the file can be shared with and used by Mac users.
Internet Explorer Users:
When selecting the options above, press the CTRL key before clicking the Print/Download icon, and do not release the key until after the file has downloaded.
To print your reports, we recommend that you first save the report as a PDF (see above), and then print the PDF file.
For information on using the student datafile, visit the Student Datafile.
Downloading in Internet Explorer
If you are using Internet Explorer and experience trouble downloading reports, this may be due to your browser’s security settings. As a workaround, use the SHIFT key during every step of the download process: press SHIFT before clicking the Print/Download icon (or the Download File link for the student datafile), and do not release the key until after the file has finished downloading.
Alternatively, if you are able to change your browser’s security settings, you can do the following in some versions of Internet Explorer:
- Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security.
- Select Custom Level.
- Under Downloads, enable the “Automatic prompting for file downloads” setting.
Using Reports in MS Excel 2007
When you download reports to Excel 2007, they emulate the formatting from the online view. This results in the presence of merged cells, which can make sorting difficult. Follow the steps below in Excel 2007 for easier sorting:
- Highlight the data you want to sort. Be sure to select the column(s) by header(s).
- Tip: Click on the top left header and press CTRL+SHIFT+END to reach the bottom of the page quickly, let go, and then hold SHIFT and left-click the bottom right cell of the data range.
- On the Home tab in the Alignment section, click the Merge & Center drop-down and select Unmerge Cells.
- On the Data tab in the Sort & Filter section, click Filter.
- In each header cell, use the drop-down menu to filter and/or sort the information in that column in different ways (e.g., alphabetical order, reverse alphabetical order, and so on). Use this menu to filter and/or sort the information as you choose.