This page provides a summary of returning regularly scheduled or late-testing AP Exam materials. See the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 2 for complete information.
Returning AP Exam Materials Video:
This brief video walks through the steps of returning exam materials for the 2022 AP Exam administration.
All secure AP Exam materials (exam booklets, orange booklets included with some of the exams, and master CDs) must be returned to the AP Program.
Wednesday, June 1, is the final deadline for all exam materials (regularly scheduled or late testing) to be received by AP Services. Schools are billed twice the fee for each exam in shipments received after this date.
Important: The split shipment return program applies to schools that ordered 150 or more regularly scheduled AP Exams and are administering those exams over both weeks of the AP Exam administration. These schools are automatically enrolled in and required to use the split shipment program. Due to high volume of materials being returned, prioritize returning week 1 and week 2 shipments as soon as you’ve completed administering exams for each week.
Materials for each week must be returned no later than:
- Monday, May 9, for week 1
- Monday, May 16, for week 2
For schools that ordered fewer than 150 regularly scheduled AP Exams (or any number of alternate exams for late testing), split shipment doesn’t apply.
Returning Regularly Scheduled Exams Administered May 2–6 or May 9–13
- Schools that ordered 150 or more exams: Exams must be returned following the split shipment instructions that will be mailed in the spring (mailed separate from exam shipments).
- Schools that ordered fewer than 150 exams: Return exams in one shipment by the close of the next business day after the school’s last AP Exam in the regularly scheduled exam administration.
Returning Alternate Exams for Late Testing Administered May 17–20
- Exams administered on the late-testing dates should be returned in one shipment separate from regularly scheduled exams.
See the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 2 for complete information.