Every year, tens of thousands of American students are derailed by a common obstacle: inadequate preparation for college math.
How Will AP Precalculus Make a Difference?
- Students gain 140 hours of contact time with their instructor.
- AP Precalculus meets students where they are–in the high school classroom.
- Many students are galvanized by the opportunity to earn college credit.
- The AP Precalculus Exam is developed and scored by college professors.
- AP students tend to see their teachers as coaches and allies.
“AP Precalculus is a well-balanced and meaningful course that will be beneficial for every student regardless of their intended future plans. The content captures the modeling of our dynamic, changing world which can ignite a passion and appreciation for the pursuit of many areas related to mathematics.”
AP Precalculus will serve three types of high school students
The Course Framework
In AP Precalculus, students explore everyday situations and phenomena using mathematical tools and lenses. The framework focuses on four key units of study that colleges expect students to demonstrate to qualify for credit or placement.
Bring AP Precalculus to Your School Calendar
More About AP Precalculus
Want to learn more about the newest AP course for 2023-24? Sign up for updates about AP Precalculus.