AP Capstone policies and operational information are included in the 2017-18 AP Coordinator's Manual. Exam day instructions will be in the 2017-18 AP Exam Instructions, available in spring 2018.
- In addition to ordering AP Seminar and Research exams, all schools must also order preadministration materials. This is to ensure that students have sufficient time to enter the AP number found in their Student Packs (received in the preadministration materials shipment) into their digital portfolio account before the submission deadline for their performance tasks.
- The College Board suggests that AP coordinators place orders on the AP Exam Ordering website by March 14.
- The College Board recommends that schools outside the U.S., U.S. territories, and Canada place their exam orders online by the March 30 priority deadline.
- AP Seminar End-of-Course Exams can be ordered for regular testing or late testing. AP Research Exams can only be ordered for regular testing.
- AP Research does not have an end-of-course exam, but an exam must be ordered for each student enrolled in the course so their performance task can be scored by the College Board. You will receive answer sheets to be completed by your school’s AP Research students.
Students taking AP Seminar and AP Research will use the AP Digital Portfolio to submit final individual and team performance tasks for scoring. In the spring, the AP coordinator will use the portfolio to validate that uploaded student work is ready to be submitted to the College Board for scoring by the April 30 submission deadline and that all presentations have been scored by AP Seminar and AP Research teachers.
- Additional instructions about using the AP Digital Portfolio are available within the Help section of the application.
AP Capstone Timeline for AP Coordinators
- Work with your school’s AP Seminar and AP Research teacher(s) to make sure the correct number of exams and preadministration materials are ordered by the April 4 final preadministration ordering deadline.
- We suggest that you designate a time for students to add their AP numbers into the digital portfolio. Work cannot be submitted to the College Board until an AP number has been entered.
April 30, 2018
- All student presentations must be scored by AP Seminar and AP Research teachers by this date. All performance tasks that have been submitted as final by a student, and any teacher scores associated with those performance tasks, will automatically be sent to the College Board as long as that student has entered an AP number into the digital portfolio.
- Assemble AP Research students to complete their answer sheets by filling out identifying information and applying AP number and AP Research Exam labels.
May 8, 2018 (morning)
- Administer the AP Seminar End-of-Course Exam. Exam instructions will be included in the 2017-18 AP Exam Instructions.
AP Coordinator's Manual 2017-2018
This manual is the primary source of information for AP coordinators on nearly all aspects of the AP Program and the AP Exam administration.
AP Capstone Implementation Guide 2017-2018
The 2017-18 AP Capstone Implementation Guide is the primary source of information for implementing the program in your school. It includes details about the AP Course Audit process, your role during the completion of performance tasks, and the scoring of student work.
AP Program Guide 2017-2018