How to order AP Exams
- Visit AP Exam Ordering and enter the access code that we emailed to you in mid-January.
- Review the exam ordering deadlines to make sure your materials are delivered on time and to avoid late fees.
- Visit Late-Testing Policies for the complete late-testing schedule and for information about late-testing policies.
- 14 Exams require special ordering and preparation: The AP French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish Language and Culture Exams, the Spanish Literature and Culture Exam, Computer Science Principles, Music Theory, Studio Art: Drawing, 2-D and 3-D, and AP Capstone (AP Research and AP Seminar).
- For ordering details please see Exams requiring special preparation.
Ordering exams for students with disabilities
Special format exam materials are available to order for students with disabilities who have received approval for testing accommodations from the College Board. Accommodations include extended time, braille or large-type exams, and large-block answer sheets.
- The College Board must approve the students’ eligibility forms.
- Schools manage accommodations requests using SSD Online.
- Consult with the SSD coordinator to ensure that you are ordering sufficient master CDs for students needing extended time.
To learn more about administering exams to students with accommodations, refer to the AP Coordinator’s Manual and the AP SSD Guidelines.
Order the correct number of exams
- Schools are charged a $15 fee for each unused exam.
- Communicate with both teachers and students to determine the number of exams needed for each course.
- An order cannot be decreased once it has been processed for shipment.
- Coordinators can place a new order for additional exams at no fee as long as they meet the extension deadline.
Order exams for the correct course
- These subjects have multiple courses and exams: Computer Science, Economics, English, Government and Politics, History, Physics, Spanish, Calculus, and Studio Art.
- Check with the appropriate AP teacher to be sure the correct exams are ordered. For instance, confirm whether you need to order exams for AP Calculus AB or AP Calculus BC.
Determine if you need extra master CDs:
- For AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture Exams and the AP Music Theory Exam, some schools administer the speaking or sight-singing parts of the exams in multiple rooms. If you plan to do this, you should order master double CD sets or sight-singing CDs for each testing room.
- Also order sufficient master CDs if you have students with disabilities who have been approved for extended time or other accommodations that require separate testing rooms. You should order one set of master CDs for each test room.
- See the AP Coordinator’s Manual for more information about how many additional master CD sets can be ordered.