In this workshop for new and experienced AP English Language and Composition teachers, you will get a behind-the-scenes look at the AP Reading, during which AP free-response questions are read by more than 11,000 college faculty and AP teachers. You will learn about the mechanics of the scoring process, the roles of the various contributors, and the steps to ensure consistent grading. You will engage in an AP Reading–style training by applying a rubric based on a current free-response question, and then participate in a mock reading using the rubric.
Length: 1 day
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the AP Reading process.
- Learn how to apply scoring guides in formative and summative assessments.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Chief Reader, Question Leaders, and Table Leaders in the AP Reading.
- Develop strategies for the consistent application of rubrics in formative and summative assessments.
- Apply strategies to prepare students for the free-response portion of the AP Exam.