What Students Should Bring to the Exam Room
- 2 sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for completing multiple-choice answer sheets.
- 2 pens, with black or dark blue ink only, for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- A watch (in case the exam room doesn’t have a clock that can be easily seen).
- Up to 2 calculators with the necessary capabilities if they're taking an AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics, Precalculus, or Statistics Exam. Instruct students to visit apstudents.org/courses and go to the calculator policy section within their course page for the specific calculator policy.
- A ruler or straightedge if they’re taking an AP Physics Exam.
- A government-issued or school-issued photo ID if they don't attend the school where they're taking the exam.
- Their College Board SSD Eligibility Letter if they're taking an exam with approved testing accommodations.
What Students Should Not Bring to the Exam Room*
- Electronic equipment of any kind: phones, smartwatches, or wearable technology of any kind, laptops, tablet computers, Bluetooth devices, portable listening or recording devices, cameras or photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, separate timers of any type, and any other electronic or communication devices.
- Books, compasses, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, or notes.
- Mechanical pencils, No. 3 pencils, or colored pencils.
- Rulers or straightedges (these are allowed only for AP Physics Exams).
- Scratch paper (notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets or, for AP Chinese and AP Japanese Language and Culture Exams, on scratch paper provided by the proctor).
- Computers or calculators (except as previously noted).
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- Watches that beep or have an alarm.
- Food or drink.
- Clothing or shoes with subject-related information.
- Ear plugs.
*Unless approved as an accommodation by College Board’s SSD office before the exam date.