AP Daily and AP Classroom
Short, searchable AP Daily videos can be assigned alongside topic questions to help you cover all course content, skills, and task models, and check student understanding. Unlock progress checks so students can demonstrate their knowledge and skills unit by unit and use My Reports to highlight progress and additional areas for support.
Exam questions assess the course concepts and skills outlined in the course framework. For more information, refer to the Exam Overview section in the AP Macroeconomics Course and Exam Description (CED).
Encourage your students to visit the AP Macroeconomics student page for exam information.
- THU, MAY 5, 2022, 8 AM LOCAL
AP Macroeconomics Exam
The AP Macroeconomics Exam includes two sections. The first section contains 60 multiple-choice questions. The second section is the free-response section, which includes one long question and two short questions. Below is a detailed breakdown of both the multiple choice and free-response sections.
Per the AP Exam Calculator Policy, calculators are not permitted on the exam.
Section I: Multiple Choice
60 Questions | 1 Hour 10 Minutes | 66% of Exam Score
Questions require the use of economics content knowledge and reasoning across the range of course topics and skills in skill categories 1, 2, and 3.
Section II: Free Response
3 Questions | 1 Hour (includes a 10-minute reading period) | 33% of Exam Score
- 1 long free-response question (50% of section score).
- 2 short free-response questions (each worth 25% of section score).
- Students will be asked to:
- Make assertions about economic concepts, principles, models, outcomes, and/or effects
- Explain economic concepts, principles, models, outcomes, and/or effects
- Perform numerical analysis
- Create graphs or visual representations