Secure Exam for Classroom Use
A secure 2018 AP Macroeconomics Exam is available on the AP Course Audit website. To access, sign in to your AP Course Audit account, and click on the Secure Documents link in the Resources section of your Course Status page.
- Wed, May 15, 2019
AP Macroeconomics Exam Day 2019
The AP Macroeconomics Exam measures students' knowledge of macroeconomics principles and their ability to reason within the discipline.
Encourage your students to visit the AP Macroeconomics student page for exam information and exam practice.
Multiple Choice — 60 Questions | 1 Hour, 10 Minutes | 66% of Exam Score
- Questions require the use of economics content knowledge and reasoning across the range of course topics.
- Some questions require analysis of different hypothetical situations.
Free Response — 3 Questions | 1 Hour (includes a 10-minute reading period) | 33% of Exam Score
Question topics will include:
- 1 long free-response question (50% of section score).
- 2 short free-response questions (each worth 25% of section score).
- Questions ask students to analyze unique scenarios using different course concepts.
- Some questions in the free-response section require graphical analysis.
Exam Questions and Scoring Information
For free-response questions from prior exams, along with scoring information, check out the tables below.
Be sure to review the Chief Reader Report. In this invaluable resource, the Chief Reader of the AP Exam compiles feedback from members of the reading leadership to describe how students performed on the FRQs, summarize typical student errors, and address specific concepts and content with which students have struggled the most that year.
AP Economics Course Description—2012
This is the core document for AP Macroeconomics and AP Microeconomics. It clearly lays out the course content and describes the exam and the AP Program in general.
AP Macroeconomics Exam from 2012
Previously available only through your AP Course Audit account. Since this exam is now publicly available, you can use the questions without restriction.
1995 Released Exam
The 1995 Released Exam is a resource you can use with your students throughout the year. Note: Some information in this Released Exam may not reflect the current course and exam.