We surveyed AP Italian Language and Culture teachers about what online resources they recommend, and the list below comes directly from their responses. The list also includes teacher descriptions of the resources. This is not a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of any of these resources by the College Board.
- Online listening comprehension resources
- “When YouTube fails you in finding audio or a new site isn’t quite right, this oldie but goodie is great for finding audios to help students practice listening comprehension.” It offers listening resources based on topics and themes, and others based on common social situations and interpersonal communication.
- Online videos and text
- Offers notable resources for listening, reading, and learning about current events and cultural and social issues from Italy, Europe, and around the world. The news videos and content are “manageable” and written scripts of news videos are provided so students can read, view, and listen; teachers can use these videos to develop instructional activities.
- Online video resources
- This site offers notable resources for listening and learning about current events and cultural and social issues from Italy, Europe, and around the world. The news videos and content is “manageable”, so students can read, view, and listen and teachers can use these videos to develop instructional activities.
- Self-directed student practice; instructional videos
- Recently modified and updated for the new exam, this course offers automated correction and feedback for language and culture activities and is centered around 15 thematic units.
- Instructional activities and videos for students; online instructions and resources for teachers
- This class website provides numerous teaching techniques, resources, and activities, including podcasts based on the course themes and learning objectives. Some activities are simply described, allowing the teacher to create the task, but this is “a great starting point!”
- Self-directed student practice; resource pages for teachers
- Provides a variety of different activities and “authentic sources that are usually accompanied by a PDF activity sheet.” Offers readings, audios, and videos available, and teachers can search by keywords or the level of study.
- Instructional videos for teachers and students; online resource pages for teachers
- Offers videos and links to authentic resources. It’s “easy to create lessons from their resources.”
- Self-directed student practice
- Wellesley’s free course provides students “ample practice” to develop their language skills and expand their knowledge of Italian culture through a variety of media. It can be self-paced, or teachers can assign specific sections and exercises.
$ = May require a fee = Account creation needed