AP Daily and AP Classroom
Short, searchable AP Daily videos can be assigned alongside topic questions to help you cover all course content, skills, and task models, and check student understanding. Unlock progress checks so students can demonstrate their knowledge and skills unit by unit and use My Reports to highlight progress and additional areas for support.
Exam questions assess the course concepts and skills outlined in the course framework. For more information, download the AP Environmental Science Course and Exam Description (CED).
Encourage your students to visit the AP Environmental Science student page for exam information.
- TUE, MAY 3, 2022, 8 AM LOCAL
AP Environmental Science Exam
The AP Environmental Science Exam has question types and point values that will remain stable and consistent from year to year, so you and your students know what to expect on exam day.
Section I: Multiple Choice
80 Questions | 1 Hour 30 Minutes | 60% of Exam Score
- Individual questions
- Set-based questions
- 3–4 sets include quantitative data, such as data tables, charts, or graphs. These questions primarily assess Practice 5, but can also assess Practices 1, 4, 6, or 7.
- 3–4 sets include qualitative data or information, such as models, representations, or maps. These questions primarily assess Practice 2, but can also assess Practices 1, 4, or 7.
- 2 sets include text-based sources. These questions primarily assess Practice 3, but can also assess Practices 1, 6, or 7.
Section II: Free Response
3 Questions | 1 Hour 10 Minutes | 40% of Exam Score
- There are 3 free-response questions.:
- Question 1: Design an investigation presents students with an authentic environmental scenario accompanied by either a model/visual representation or quantitative data.
- Question 2: Analyze an environmental problem and propose a solution presents students with an authentic environmental scenario accompanied by either a model/visual representation or quantitative data.
- Question 3: Analyze an environmental problem and propose a solution doing calculations presents students with an authentic environmental scenario.
AP Calculator Policy
A four-function (with square root), scientific, or graphing calculator may be used on the exam.
Exam Questions and Scoring Information
|Questions||Scoring||Samples and Commentary|