The updated AP Chemistry Lab Manual: AP Chemistry Guided Inquiry Experiments: Applying the Science Practices features 16 labs where students explore chemical concepts, questions of interest, correct lab techniques and safety procedures. Teachers may choose any of the guided inquiry labs from this manual to satisfy the course requirement of students performing six guided inquiry labs.
The manual's unique design enables teachers to guide students through experiments and procedures that are easily tailored to diverse needs and appropriate for small and large classes.
Note: This updated AP Chemistry lab manual (teacher edition) includes revised big ideas, enduring understandings, learning objectives, and science practices that align to the 2019 course and exam description. In addition, URLs and the equations and constants sheet were updated. The changes highlighted in the supplement to the first printing have been incorporated.
The Lab Manual
- Features 16 student-directed, guided-inquiry labs (teacher and student editions)
- Aligns learning objectives with the AP Chemistry Course and Exam Description, which contains the course framework and sample exam questions
- Aligns with best practices promoted by the National Science Foundation and America's Lab Report
- Emphasizes scientific inquiry, reasoning, and critical thinking
- Enables students to plan, direct, and integrate a range of science practices, such as designing experiments, collecting data, and applying quantitative skills
- Includes lists of supplemental resources
Access the Lab Manual
Download the Teacher Manual for Free: The updated Teacher Manual is now available through your AP Course Audit account. To access, sign in and click Secure Documents in the Resources section of your Course Status page.
Teachers who are authorized to teach AP Chemistry through the AP Course Audit system will also be able to access both the Teacher Manual and the Student Manual through AP Classroom.
Order the Bound Teacher Manual: Because the teacher manual contains answers, you will need an access code to order and purchase printed teacher manuals from the College Board Store. If you need an access code, email [email protected] or call 800-323-7155.
Order the Bound Student Manual: You can also order and purchase the student lab manual from the College Board Store. (The student manual is not available as a PDF.) The manual enables students to investigate chemistry-related questions of interest as they use a variety of instruments, equipment and procedures. You do not need an access code to order the student manual.