New! Updated April 2020: Submit 10 digital images (instead of 15)
The Sustained Investigation section has two tabs: Images and Written Evidence. You can start uploading images in the Images tab as soon as you have set up your access. We recommend that you start uploading as soon as you can, so both you and your teacher can monitor the development of your portfolio. You can always delete, add, or rearrange images later.
You’ll also indicate the height and width and the materials and processes for each work you upload in the Images tab. The following symbols cannot be used in the digital submission web application: ‘ “ ( ) + % &.
Watch this YouTube video for help with uploading images to the web application, including information about technical specs, resizing images, lighting, and so on.
Important things to remember:
- Click Save Changes in the upper right before exiting or switching from one portfolio section to another. If Save Changes is enabled, you have unsaved changes on the page.
- Your teacher and/or AP coordinator can view your digital portfolio from their accounts, but they won’t be able to make any changes to your work.
New! Updated April 2020: Even though you need to submit just 10 Sustained Investigation images this year, the web application still requires you to upload 15 Sustained Investigation images. So we’re providing placeholder images for you to upload for images 11−15. Remember, Sustained Investigation images 11−15 won’t be reviewed or scored. Only Sustained Investigation images 1−10 will be scored this year.
Here’s how to upload images to the Sustained Investigation section this year (see screenshot below).
For images 1−10 (these are images of your works and will be scored):
- Click Upload File to upload an image to an empty space in the template.
- Enter the materials and processes below the thumbnail.
- Click the thumbnail for a full-sized view of the image.
- To replace an image of work, click Upload File and select the new image file for the work. To remove a work entirely from your Sustained Investigation section, including the materials and processes below the thumbnail, click the red minus sign above it.
- To rearrange your images, change the number in the top left corner of any image that you want to move to a new position in the template. (The number you enter represents where you want the image to be relocated within the template.) You’ll also need to adjust the rest of the numbers to complete the sequence.
For Images 11−15 (these are placeholder images and will not be scored):
- If you haven’t already downloaded the 5 Sustained Investigation placeholder images from the first page in this demo, get them here:
- Click on the link below to download a ZIP file containing the placeholder images. Save the ZIP file to your computer.
- Extract (unzip) all the files from the ZIP file and save them to your computer.
- Upload the images to slots 11−15 the same way you uploaded your works into slots 1−10. Type NA for the height, width, ideas, materials, and processes for images 11-15.
Reminder: Click Save Changes to save your work before moving to another section of your portfolio or exiting the application.