After you sign in to AP Art and Design digital submission web application, you’ll be taken to a Select Your Access Type screen. Select the Student option from the drop-down menu.
Then you’ll be taken to a Set Up Your Student Access screen (see image below), where you’ll:
- Fill out basic information about yourself. The information you provide in the web application should be consistent with what you provided when you registered for your first class section in My AP. Also, the home address you provide in My AP is the address to which your physical portfolio materials will be returned in late June or July. The AP Program can’t ship your work back to a P.O. box.
- Create a username and password for the AP Art and Design digital submission web application. (The account you set up in the AP Art and Design digital submission web application is different than your My AP account.).
- Enter your school code (provided by your teacher or AP coordinator).
- Indicate which AP Art and Design Portfolio Exam(s) you'll be submitting.
- Enter the teacher key provided by your teacher (or the coordinator key from the AP coordinator, if applicable) next to the portfolios you’ll be submitting.
Although it's not required, we recommend that you specify an email address. This will give your teacher and the AP Program a convenient way to communicate with you about your portfolio.
Click Submit to complete your access request.
If you’re registered for more than one AP Art and Design Portfolio Exam, the next time you sign in to the web application you'll be asked—which portfolio you’d like to work on. You’ll need to sign out and sign back in to the web application to work on a different portfolio.