This workshop provides strategies for designing and using meaningful investigations, writing dynamic problems, and enhancing current classroom activities to help students develop a deeper understanding and produce more thoughtful responses. You will also learn how to build relevant, informative assessments that will monitor and foster mathematical thinking without interrupting instruction.
Length: 2 days
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Design effective instructional activities and enhance activities that you might already be using.
- Assess student success in mathematics in more effective and meaningful ways.
- Provide students with opportunities to engage in active questioning, analysis, construction, and communication of mathematics.
- Examine the attributes of successful mathematics students and develop those attributes in every student you teach.
- Question students in such a way as to lead them to greater understanding of mathematical concepts and elicit more meaningful responses.