In this workshop for middle and high school social studies, English, and humanities teachers, you will learn how to help your students develop a logical and effective argument. You will learn strategies that enable students to discover and work with the elements of argumentation, and how to use texts to analyze and construct arguments and assess written performance.
Length: 1 day
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Present strategies that enable students to discover and work with the elements of argumentation.
- Identify and teach the elements of effective argumentation.
- Apply strategies to encourage students to ask questions and draw inferences.
- Use classroom strategies that enable students to construct sound written arguments.
- Provide your students with various graphic organizers that can help them dissect texts, analyze arguments, and collect evidence for use in their own arguments.