For AP Computer Science Principles (CSP) and AP Capstone, students must submit performance tasks to the AP Program using the AP Digital Portfolio, a Web-based application to get their work validated and scored by the College Board. The deadline to submit performance tasks as final is April 30, 11:59 p.m. ET.
AP with WE Service teachers must score student service projects in the AP Digital Portfolio for students to earn the AP with WE Service recognition. These teachers may also require their students to upload work related to their service project to the AP Digital Portfolio, but this is not required.
Note that if a student’s AP Seminar, AP Research, or AP Computer Science Principles project is also their AP with WE Service project, the project must still be scored independently using the AP with WE Service recognition rubric for the student to earn the AP with WE recognition.
AP Capstone Teachers
Download the AP Digital Portfolio—Teacher User Guide for AP Capstone (.pdf/1.76MB)
Share the AP Digital Portfolio—Student User Guide for AP Capstone (.pdf/827KB) with your students.
AP Computer Science Principles Teachers
Access the following resources to navigate through the digital portfolio:
- Download the Teacher User Guide (coming in the fall)
- Download the Student User Guide (coming in the fall)
For the Create performance task portion of the AP CSP Exam, students will create a program and a video of their program running, and will answer prompts as part of a written response. Students will submit all of these in the AP Digital Portfolio.
Students are not allowed to collaborate at all on the video or the answers to the written response for the Create performance task.
Share the AP Computer Science Principles Student Handouts document with your students. Ensure that students attest to the following on the AP Digital Portfolio:
- that they have read the AP Computer Science Principles Student Handouts
- that they did not collaborate on the video or written response for the Create performance task
AP with WE Service Teachers
You’ll use the AP Digital Portfolio to score the student service project for students who want to earn the AP with WE Service recognition. Note that if a student’s AP Seminar, AP Research, or AP Computer Science Principles project is also their AP with WE Service project, the project must still be scored independently using the AP with WE Service recognition rubric for the student to earn the AP with WE recognition.
Important Timelines and Processes for Teachers
Teachers sign in to myap.collegeboard.org and get the join code for their class section(s) that were created by the AP coordinator. Join codes should be distributed to students during class. When students enroll in an AP Computer Science Principles, AP Seminar, or AP Research class section using join codes in My AP, their enrollment will carry over to the AP Digital Portfolio.
AP Capstone Teachers Only
Begin online scoring training
AP Capstone Teachers Only
Establish and communicate a firm deadline for students to submit final performance tasks to you, so that you are able to score all presentations by the April 30 deadline.
AP Seminar Teachers Only
Receive source materials from the College Board to help students complete the Individual Research-Based Essay and Presentation for AP Seminar.
By April 30 at 11:59 p.m. ET
AP Research or AP Seminar
- Score students’ presentations.
- Check the AP Digital Portfolio to confirm that students have submitted their written performance tasks as final by clicking the Submit Final button
- Check the AP Digital Portfolio to confirm that students have submitted each component of their Create performance task as final by clicking the Submit Final button.
Note: It is likely that there will be a higher volume of simultaneous submissions as the April 30, 11:59 p.m. ET deadline approaches, which means that it may take longer for student submissions to upload in the AP Digital Portfolio. So that your students don’t risk missing the deadline, strongly advise them to build extra time to prepare the upload and submit. Students should not wait until the last minute to submit their finalized performance task.
By June 30 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- AP with WE Service Teachers must submit scoring of their students’ service projects by completing the recognition rubric for each student in the AP Digital Portfolio.
For More Information
- Full instructions are available in the AP Capstone user guides, the AP CSP user guides, and the AP with WE Service user guides, as well as in the Help section within the AP Digital Portfolio.
- For AP CSP, email email@example.com
- AP Capstone teachers can email AP Services for Educators at firstname.lastname@example.org.