New Resources and Processes in the 2019-20 School Year
Starting in 2019-20, schools will implement new annual processes and have access to new classroom resources and supports. AP Exams will be ordered in the fall (2019) via a new registration and ordering system. Personalized registration labels supplied for each student included in the exam order will eliminate the need for preadministration sessions.
Teachers and students will receive free course and exam preparation resources, including question banks, personal progress checks, and performance feedback. To learn more, visit the AP 2019 page.
Exam Fees for 2019
- The exam fees for 2019 have not changed.
- $94 per exam in the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada.
- $124 per exam at schools outside the U.S., U.S. territories, and Canada (with the exception of DoDDS schools).
- The fee for AP Capstone™ Exams (AP Seminar and AP Research) is $142 per exam.
- The per-exam rebate that schools can retain to offset exam administration costs remains $9.
- The exam fee varies for College Board–authorized testing centers outside the United States.
Assistive Technology Compatible (ATC) Exams
ATC-format exams are available for most subjects. Students must be approved for this accommodation by the College Board’s SSD office, and the ATC exams must be ordered by the AP coordinator through the AP Ordering website. See the 2018-19 AP Coordinator’s Manual for more information.
Social Security Number Removal
As of July 2018, to protect student privacy, Social Security numbers are no longer included in student datafiles. To help aid in a smooth transition, please review the K-12 Guide to Matching Student Data Without Social Security Numbers.
AP U.S. Government and Politics Update
AP U.S. Government and Politics has been redesigned for the 2018-19 school year. For more information, go to the AP U.S. Government and Politics page.
Upcoming AP World History Changes
Starting in the 2019-20 school year, there will be changes to the AP World History course and exam. For more information go to the 2019 AP World History page.