The scripts for the AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture Exams and the AP Music Theory Exam in the AP Exam Instructions book include instructions for recording on a computer with MP3 software.
You may want to record MP3 files using the software program Audacity®.
- Review Recording Student Responses on a Computer using Audacity MP3 Recording Software (Updated version for 2017-18 available in March 2018)
- Download Audacity for Windows (.exe/25.3MB))
- Download Audacity for Windows (.zip/10.4MB)
- Download Audacity for Mac (.dmg/33.1MB)
- Download Audacity for Mac (.zip/13.2MB)
- Download Lame Encoder Library for Windows (.zip/198KB)
- Download Lame Encoder Library for Mac (.zip/228KB)
Audacity is a free software product for PC or Mac that can be used to record audio from a computer sound card to hard disk in MP3 file format. This is not an AP Program or ETS endorsement of this product. If you experience any problems during the installation or configuration of the Audacity software product only, technical assistance is available between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Your school staff may email AP-MP3Recordertech@ets.org or call 609-406-5677 for assistance during these hours.
Use of this software is subject to the license agreement contained in the .zip file package.